/Trump announces first rally since leaving the White House
Trump announces first rally since leaving the White House

Trump announces first rally since leaving the White House


Trump announces first rally since leaving the White House

by Lawrence Richard | The Washington Examiner

Former President Donald Trump will begin his Make America Great Again rallies starting next week with an event in Ohio.
The campaign-style event was announced by Trump’s Save America PAC and will be the former president’s first rally since leaving the White House.
“President Trump’s first of many appearances in support of candidates and causes that further the MAGA agenda and accomplishments of President Trump’s administration,” the PAC said in a statement.
The event will be held at the Lorain County Fairgrounds, near Cleveland, and Trump will endorse his former adviser Max Miller, a Republican congressional candidate.
TRUMP SAYS ‘PEOPLE ARE LIKING ME MORE THAN EVER’ AS HE MULLS 2024 RUN
Miller is challenging Rep. Anthony Gonzalez, who has represented Ohio’s 16th Congressional District since 2019.
The former president previously described Miller as “a wonderful person who did a great job at the White House.”
He “will be a fantastic Congressman,” Trump said of Miller in February. “He is a Marine Veteran, a son of Ohio, and a true PATRIOT.”
Trump’s statement also criticized Gonzalez, who was among a small group of Republicans who voted to impeach Trump for inciting the Jan. 6 riot in Washington, D.C. Trump was ultimately acquitted of the charges.
“Current Rep. Anthony Gonzalez should not be representing the people of the 16th district because he does not represent their interest or their heart. Max Miller has my Complete and Total Endorsement!” he wrote.
In January, Gonzalez released a statement claiming Trump was directly responsible for the Capitol riot.
“The President of the United States helped organize and incite a mob that attacked the United States Congress in an attempt to prevent us from completing our solemn duties as prescribed by the Constitution,” Gonzalez said in the statement.
“During the attack itself, the President abandoned his post while many members asked for help, thus further endangering all present,” he added. “These are fundamental threats not just to people’s lives, but to the very foundation of our Republic.”
Original Source